Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

One Year, roughly, Update

I was reading over what little I had posted in the last year. I noticed I put up some information on trying to diet and lose weight with direction from my doctor. Earlier this year I had a follow-up appointment with the sleep clinic and while my sleep has vastly improved, my weight hadn't. To add insult, or a wake up call depending on when you ask me, the doctor there said he would write a recommendation for me to have Gastric Lap Band surgery. The procedure is not as severe as Gastric Bypass, but garners the same results. Either way it is a procedure which is the last thing I want. At that time I was determined to prove him wrong by my appointment next year.

I just had a six month follow-up with my general practitioner and it was a good news/bad news situation. The good news is that I have cracked the 300 lb. barrier and now weigh approximately 297 lbs. The bad news is that my blood pressure is up a bit and we are looking at changing my medication around. I wanted to be further along at this point in the game, say about 275-280 lbs, but I'll take the ground I've gained so far.

Since our dog passed and I'm not obligated to walk her in the morning, my exercise has dropped off. I really need to get back into the gym.