Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Writing: Marathon for the Brain

So I just put the finishing touches on an album review. I'm not going to post it yet as I want one more read through to make sure there aren't any glaring errors.

Writing is like a marathon for the brain, it is intense and it takes a lot of fitness if you want to have a chance at succeeding. Apparently my brain is in the same shape as my body which is to say I shouldn't be running a marathon unless I want to induce a heart attack. Obviously I don't have the same regard for my brain.

I've been learning PHP programming this week in my spare time. It is going slow, but I'm definitely catching onto the basic principles without a problem. I did learn that while setting up Apache and MySQL runs about the same from version to version, the same is not true for PHP. It took me half a day to find out why I couldn't get the "phpinfo" to work on my system. That mystery solved it has been relatively smooth sailing since.

I've got a lot on my plate coming up, I just hope I can keep the momentum going forward.