So not a lot has been going on at any one time, but since I haven't written here in forever there is a lot to get caught up on.
- I was accepted for a writing gig to review comic books at destroythecyb.org. I've currently got three reviews up with three more coming in the next week. If nothing else this forces me to write on a semi-regular basis, with the exception of the 3-4 week gap between the last review and the upcoming one.
- I started recording a radio show for a local low power FM station. 92.7 WXBH out of Fern Creek in Louisville. My show airs Saturday mornings from 10:00 AM to Noon eastern time. If you are interested, but you don't live near the area, you can also check it out at wxbh.org. I play a mix of rock through the ages, alt-country, country, independent, bluegrass, pop, etc. In radio terms it is more of an Adult Alternative. Think Paste magazine mashed up with a classic rock station.
- I'm working out a new format for the PopCulture Geek podcast and hope to have a new one out in the next week or two.
- I'm going to fold PopCulture Geek Radio out. With the addition of the radio show above something had to give and this one was it. It was getting even less attention from me and I get a chance to play all of the music on the air. It all works out in the end.
- I've recently spent a few days with my wife in St. Augustine, Fl. for a much needed and very restful vacation. I'll be adding pictures to my flickr stream. If you get a chance to go, I recommend it.
- As of today I'm scheming and throwing some ideas around. What I have in mind could be big. More details to come as I get things worked out in my mind. Nurturing ideas, for me, are kind of like teaching a child to ride a bike: I have to run along side them for them to gain momentum or they will crash and burn real fast. Please pray that I'll have the wisdom and foresight to carry this through or to let it drop before I get too involved and my pride gets in the way.
I think that pretty much covers it for now. I hope to do some more writing as well. I had a few ideas, but I didn't run along side them long enough.