Pages

Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Soundtrack to My Life

This is part one of an ongoing series. I have many passions in my life. Behind God and my wife is music. Part of my writing is exploring the music that makes up the soundtrack to my life.

"Big Log" by Robert Plant

I don't know where I was when I first heard this song. I can only think it was late one night sometime in high school, but it could go back further than that. It is because of that I associate this song with night. Every time I hear it, no matter what time of day, it transports me somewhere. It is the perfect song for driving down the highway on a cool summer night, cool breeze circulating through the car. I don't know if it is the guitar or if it is the mournfulness of the lyrics. It is a song for when I'm alone. It doesn't work the same when I'm with a group of people.