Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Day 13

We were watching an author on CSPAN-2 tonight. The author stated that he normally had a book inside of him that was ready to come out. I want to get to that level. I have a quasi-book in mind and I am going to start writing it, but there isn't anything just dying to get out of me.

It has been a wonderfully restful weekend. Brood XIV has hatched and was loudly announcing itself outside of our windows today. I haven't seen that many of them, certainly not as many as others have seen in town, but I did have to get one out of the house yesterday. That was interesting to say the least. I'm not a big fan of any insect, but one to one and a half inch bugs that are just plain ugly and can fly really don't do anything for me. It could be a remnant memory of bicycling through a swarm when I was a kid. I do find myself fascinated and horrified by them at the same time.