Pages

Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 5

I'm blogging from a coffee shop. I'm not trying to fool anyone either and if you get that reference than more kudos to you.

The weekend is in full swing. I had intended to kick it off with a fine cigar, but the weather has looked too iffy as if a torrential down pour could start at any moment. That and I really don't enjoy the humidity. I do enjoy a good cup of coffee though.

Here's another unsolicited endorsement. If you are in the Louisville area check out Sunergos. They are a locale coffee shop with some of the best coffee I've ever had. They roast their beans on site which you can come in and check out. Plus the staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and they pull their own espresso shots which makes them that much better. I'm currently enjoying a white mocha as I was not in the mood for a regular coffee.

I don't have any big plans for the weekend, except to enjoy relaxation. I took care of the majority of the yard work yesterday. I may or may not start cleaning out my office, but I'll most definitely work on getting my main computer back online.

Of course grilling will happen at some point as well.

I was reading in the tech news that Britain is trying to pass legislation to keep an archive of all email and phone conversations for everyone. I know a lot of people are up in arms about this proposal for all of the right reasons. I think we can all agree we need less government in our lives, not more. Not only that, but the government is starting down a track record of incompetency in regards to the computerized storage of data. Do we really want to trust them with even more? The only real glimmer of hope is the rate at which government works. If it somehow made it past all legislation, I still think it would take them another decade to implement the system in any effective capacity. Still this has to stop now.

They work for us.